Last Wednesday night, just before we slipped out of town to escape the weekend of Pope-centric festivities taking over Philadelphia, I spent the evening canning (as I often do just before a trip). I canned up a roasted sungold sauce and processed some fermented hot sauce (heating it does kill all the beneficial bacteria, but I just don’t have the fridge space for half a gallon of sauce). I’ll have both those recipes for you guys this week. Now, links!
- Preserving fruit and a chocolate applesauce cake.
- Pickled squash with cilantro.
- Mirabelle plum jam.
- Making sauce with fruit that has been used to make fermented soda.
- Prickly pear syrup, anyone?
- Plum, vanilla and thyme jam.
- Chard stalk hummus (a brilliant way to use up those unloved stalked!).
- Jalapeno cheddar biscuits, cut with a mason jar ring.
- Mango passionfruit jam.
- The scientific reason why adding acid helps your jam set up.
- The folks that brought us the reCAP have a new Kickstarter on offer!
Thanks to all of you who took the time to enter!