Over the last several days, we’ve settled down into some of my favorite weather of the year. I love the cooler days and chilly nights, as well as the alternating days of rain and sunshine. Autumn, you are always welcome here! Now, some links!
- Redheart plum and raspberry jam. This is one to bookmark for next year!
- Plum ketchup! You might still be able to get some end of season plums for this one.
- Ginger pepper jelly. Good for holiday giving, perhaps?
- Roasted tomato sauce. I made a batch like this a few weeks ago and LOVE It.
- Speaking of tomatoes, you might still be able to get some to make oven roasted tomato paste.
- Accidentally open an under-ripe avocado? Pickle it!
- Rosemary sugar. A fun way to incorporate rosemary flavor into sweet things!
- An interesting look at preventing apples from browning.
- Tips for cooking up a pot of beans in a pressure cooker (useful if my recent post piqued your interest).
- Simple bar cookies made from peanut butter, eggs, and sugar.
- I am so intrigued by the idea of batch cooking salmon in a slow cooker.
A big thanks to everyone who took the time to enter last week’s giveaway, sponsored by Mason Jar Lifestyle! The winners of the two $25 gift cards to the site are #142/Katie B. and #220/RG. Congratulations to all the winners!
If you didn’t win, but spotted something you desperately want, don’t forget that you get 10% off your purchase by using the code “jars10” and that shipping is free if you spend $25 or more (if you order less than that, shipping is $4).