Back in July, I traveled to Indiana to participate in Ball Canning’s International Can-It-Forward Day. We were supposed to be streaming live from their brand new test kitchen (kitted out in Martha Stewart Living cabinets, counters and hardware), but there were some technical difficulties and the videos were never made available.
Happily, the Can-It-Forward team has been hard at work behind the scenes, and today, the videos of the recipes that we all demonstrated that day are finally ready for viewing! You’ll see the following demos…
- A pickling segment with Sarah Page, Jarden Home Brands Culinary Marketing Manager and Jessica Piper, Analytics Specialist, Consumer Affairs, Jarden Home Brands
- Spicy Corn Salsa recipe demo from Liz Latham of Hoosier Homemade
- Green Tomato Relish recipe demo from Christy Jordan of Southern Plate
- Apple-Blueberry Jam recipe demo from Malia Karlinsky of Yesterday on Tuesday
- Recipe demo from Rebecca Sullivan, Jarden Home Brands Ambassador for Ball Canning, Australia
- My demo of my Gingery Pickled Blueberries
- The Test Kitchen Reveal with Sarah Page and Home Depot Designer, Sandy Chamberlain
- And finally, a series of four Science of Canning Segments with Jessica Piper, and Brandon Shrock, Quality Laboratory Technician
For those of you who missed the interactivity of International Can-It-Forward Day, fear not. Your friends at Jarden Home Brands have you covered. This Thursday, September 24 they’ll be live streaming an fall canning program starting at 3 pm ET. You’ll have a chance to ask questions and see a behind the scenes peek at that gorgeous test kitchen I mentioned earlier.
If you’re interested in tuning in, you can pre-register here. And if you can’t make the livestream, they’ll be posting the full video later in the day, so you can catch up at your leisure.
Now, for the last bit of good news. I have a $100 Home Depot gift card to give away to one lucky Food in Jars reader (I know. Two giveaways in one week!).
Jarden Home Brands worked with The Home Depot and the Martha Stewart Living Kitchens line during their kitchen renovation and the results are so gorgeous. If you like the looks of the kitchen they created, this giveaway is your change to bring a little bit of the same durable style into your own home.
Here’s how to enter:
- Leave a comment on this post and share how you’d spend $100 at The Home Depot.
- Comments will close at 11:59 pm east coast time on Friday, September 25, 2015. The winner will be chosen at random and this post will be updated with their name.
- Giveaway is open to US residents only (and is void where prohibited).
- One comment per person, please. Entries must be left on the blog.
Disclosure: I am a paid Ball Canning Ambassador and was compensated for my participation in this year’s Can-It-Forward Day, but my thoughts and opinions remain entirely my own.