I realize that it’s getting down to the wire for these gift guides, but I’ve been meaning to pull together a list of jar toppers, accessories, cozies, and other pieces of jar related gear and this seems like an opportune time to do it. Of course you can order these online (and links are provided), but if you need these by December 25, check out your local co-op markets and kitchen stores.
Lids, Adaptors, and Drink Toppers
- Cuppow & BNTO – One of the first makers of mason jar add-ons, they make the classic Cuppow drink lid and the BNTO jar adaptor. Simple and useful.
- EcoJarz – They make stainless steel and silicone drink toppers, as well as a lid with a larger hold that can be sealed with a silicone pop-top.
- iLids – They make drink lids and storage lids. Their drink lids are a single piece that screw on to the jars, which is a departure from the Cuppow and EcoJarz designs.
- Tulid – These leakproof lids have an internal silicone seal that can be removed for cleaning. If you have someone in your life who often takes leftovers to work in pint jars, these lids would significantly improve their quality of life.
- Blossom uCaps – These one-piece silicone lids by Spice Rachet snap onto regular and wide mouth jars. They come three flavors: a flower frog, a sipping cap, and a storage lid.
- reCAP – They make leakproof pour lids (so good for stuff like maple syrup and teriyaki sauce), as well as a spray bottle lid and a pump dispenser that fit mason jars. They’ll also be bringing their Flip Cap to market sometime next year.
- Nuby Silicone Sippy Cup – Transform regular mouth jars into sippy cups. I gave one of these to my sister and she uses it all the time for my nephew.
- Mason Tap – This lid attaches to a regular mouth jar with a conventional lid and allows you to dispense syrups, sesame seeds, and other messy or drippy things.
- The Mason Bar Company – They make flat plastic lids for straws and jar cuffs made from either leather or vinyl.
- Classic Flower Frog – I picked one of these up at a junk store many years ago, but you can get reproductions easily enough.
- Sprouting Lid – Make your own sprouts in a wide mouth mason!
Appliances and Tools
- Progressive International – They have a Mason Jar series of tools that are packaged on shatterproof jars, but will also fit wide mouth canning jars. There’s a dressing emulsifier, a nut chopper, and a citrus juicer.
- EcoJarz – In addition to their line of drink toppers, EcoJarz also makes a bunch of tools that fit in or onto a jar. They’ve got a grater/slicer pair, a shaker whisk ball, and the DOSE pour over coffee system.
- Mason Shaker – Turn your regular mouth mason into a cocktail shaker.
- Mason Jar Coffee Grinder – If you’re seriously coffee dependent, it’s not the quickest road to caffeine, but the form factor is highly appealing.
- Kraut Source – They’re still working to fulfill their Kickstarter incentives, but you can enter your email address on their website to get an email when this mason jar fermentation press will be available for general purchase.
- Pour Mason – A pour over funnel that fits onto wide mouth mason jars.
- Fermentools – Fermenting air locks and glass weights designed to fit wide mouth masons.
- Ball Canning Spice Shakers – Ball has started making a bunch of jar add-ons in recent years, but for my money, these spice shakers are some of the most useful.
- Koverz – Neoprene sleeves for 12 and 24 ounce jars. Keep your iced coffee cool!
- Holdster – Slick leather sleeves for wide mouth pints. Perfect for the hipster coffee lover in your life.
- Eco Sleeve Silicone Sleeve – These were originally designed to work with disposable drink cups, but fit mason jars nicely. They’ve been discontinued, but The Pint & a Half shop has all the remaining inventory, if you like the form factor.
- Mason-re Silicone Koozie – A molded silicone sleeve for the modern wide mouth pint jar (they don’t fit the older, squatter wide mouths). Right now, only the black sleeve is in stock, but I hear they’ll have more soon (with and without the embossed logo).
- Jar-Z – Similar to beer/soda can koozies, but designed to fit mason jars.
- Taper hooks – Turn your regular mouth quarts into lanterns.
- Chicken Waterer – An oldie, but a goodie.
- Solar Powered Lights – The fit on top of your jars and help you light up the night.
Which one would you like to see in your stocking this year?