I spent the weekend in New York and Western Mass, finding a really good balance between working and relaxing (it’s not always easy to do). I taught at Amber Waves Farm in Amagansett (we’re already talking about doing another class next season) on Friday afternoon, spent Saturday morning demoing at the Great Barrington Farmers Market, and taught again at Hillsdale Home Chef on Sunday afternoon.
- Chokecherry jelly.
- Wild berry jam.
- Pickled peach slices.
- A pint of pickled peppers.
- Maple sweetened quick pickles.
- Plum balsamic whey sorbet.
- Homemade crackers.
- Lavender soap (this winter, I want to learn to make soap).
- I’m headed to Atlanta over Labor Day Weekend!
- This fall, a new magazine is launching that is dedicated to fermentation and curing. It’s called Cured and I’m so looking forward to it.
Thank you for all the enthusiastic entries into last week’s Orchard Road giveaway. I loved hearing about the things you’ve all been preserving lately. The winner of the giveaway is #500/Manda. Stay tuned, I’ll have another giveaway up shortly.