I have a bad habit of leaving my computer on for days and days at a stretch (although since my two-year-old MacBook stopped going to sleep, I do shut it down more than I once did). Part of the reason that my computer rarely powers down is that I collect canning recipes in the tabs along the top of my browser, sometimes having as many at 15 or 20 open. Right at the moment, I’ve reached critical mass and need to clear out some of those tabs, so I thought I’d share some of the recipes that have recently caught my eye. All would make excellent gifts in jars.
- Persimmon Butter from Saving the Season
- Chestnut Rum Jam from A Cooking Life
- Quince Marmalade (I realize that we’re at the tail end of quince season, but there are still a few out there) from Cook Local
- Preserved Lemons from Chiot’s Run
- Mandarin Orange Dust (sounds good, doesn’t it!) from Pen & Fork
- Homemade Dulce de Leche from Straight from the Farm (okay, so this is actually a recipe from two years ago, but still, looks scrumptious. I’d love to get a jar of this for the holidays).
- Well hello, Whipped Brandy Butter (at The Kitchn)
- Rosemary Scented Salt (this is one of mine from last year’s edible Gift a Day on Slashfood)
And, two recipes for baked goods that utilize jam (if, like me, you happen to have something of a glut).