We are rapidly approaching the end of my busy season, but there are still a few events left on the calendar. Here’s what’s coming in the next couple weeks!
- November 19 – I’m speaking at the Temple University Bookstore about how my evolution from hobbyist blogger to full time writer, teacher, and author. The program starts at 6 pm. More details can be found here.
- November 20 – Prep for the holiday season with some homemade Edible Gifts at The Brooklyn Kitchen. We’ll cook up batches of Cranberry Chutney and Cranberry Syrup and will dig into the details of boiling water bath canning. Class is from 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Click here to sign up.
- December 8 – Pear Cranberry Chutney class at Wyebrook Farm in Chester County, PA. Class runs from 1 – 3 pm and you can sign up by clicking here!
In other exciting news, my second cookbook, Preserving by the Pint: Quick Seasonal Canning for Small Spaces, is now available for pre-order (it will be released on March 25, 2014). It’s on Amazon, Powell’s, Barnes and Noble, and Chapters (for the Canadians!). I’m just starting the process of planning my tour to support this book. If you want me to come to your city or town this time around, I’m absolutely game but I’ll need your help. Here’s what you can do:
- If you have a connection with book store or kitchenwares shop that hosts author events, make an introduction. Same goes for cooking schools that host guest instructors.
- I love spending a morning or afternoon at a local farmers market. If you think I’d be a good fit for yours, hook me up with the coordinator.
- Let me know if you want to host a private canning class for your local canning circle (there is a fee for this).
- I’m all about the book potluck. If your local canning or food swap community wants to invite me to bring a stack of books to your upcoming gathering, just say the word.
I can’t wait to meet even more of you all this spring and summer. Thanks in advance for all your help.