We’re deep into the harvest season and that means lots of classes, events, and book signings. Here’s were I’ll be in the next couple of weeks. Mark your calendars!
Events and Demos
This Saturday, October 26, I’ve got two free events.
- At 10 am, I’ll be at Central Market in Lancaster City, PA as part of their Food Day/Week celebration. I’ll be showing how I make small batches of Pear Vanilla Jam, sweetened with honey. There will be fun and samples for all.
- Then, from 1 to 5 pm, I’ll be at the Williams-Sonoma at the Bellevue in Philly as part of their Artisan Market. I’ll be leading a canning demo and then will be sticking around to sell and sign books.
On Sunday, October 27, I’m doing two demos at one event.
- From 1 to 4 pm, I’ll be at the Lehigh Valley Harvest Festival, sharing the Fillmore Container Preserving the Harvest demo stage with Amanda Feifer from Phickle. I’m making Pear Vanilla Jam and Pickled Pears, Amanda is making Sauerkraut and Kefir. This event costs $25 per person, but is well worth the fee.
- October 29 – Chutney making class with the Fair Food Farmstand at Reading Terminal Market. We’ll make a batch of apple pear chutney (using all local fruit) from 6-8 pm in the Rick Nichols Room. Click here to sign up.
- October 30 – A hands on pickling workshop with the Lower Merion Conservancy. We’ll make cauliflower pickles, taste a few things from my pantry, and dig into the basics of the boiling water bath canning. Class runs from 7 – 8:30 pm and costs $35 for LMC members and $45 for non-members. Click here to register.
- November 1 to 3 – Join me in Western Mass. for a weekend-long canning class at the Rowe Center. More details can be found here.
- November 16 – Spiced applesauce class at the Tyler Arboretum. We’ll cover the basics of boiling water bath canning and walk through the steps necessary to make a batch of delicious, low sugar applesauce. Class is from 10 am – 12 noon and costs $60 for Arboretum Members, $70 for non-members. For more details, click here and select the “Health and Wellness” drop down.
- November 17 – Mulled Cider Jelly class at Wyebrook Farm in Chester County, PA. Class runs from 2 – 4 pm. Click here to sign up.
- November 18 – Prep for Thanksgiving and make cranberry preserves with me at the Fair Food Farmstand in Reading Terminal Market. Class is from 6-8 pm in the Rick Nichols Room. Click here to sign up.