It’s been quite a scramble around here getting ready to leave on this southern book tour of mine and so these links are now a full day late (so sorry to keep you guys waiting for the winners in the Cutco giveaway). I head out tomorrow morning and have come to the point where I’ve done all I can do before I hit the road. I will try to catch up with the rest later.
Oh! And thanks to everyone who came and picked up a book yesterday at the Philly Farm & Food Fest. It was such a treat to meet so many of you! Now, links!
- Pickled turnip stems! So clever!
- Has there ever been anything more beautiful than this lentil salad with quick pickled vegetables? I think not.
- With Passover here and Easter on its way, there’s no better time in the world than now for pickled red beet eggs.
- Pretty water in jars flavored with strawberries, cucumber, lime, and mint. Such a good way to keep yourself hydrated!
- Mango coconut macadamia conserve. Amazing.
- Philadelphians longing to learn more about tea should take this class with Alexis from Teaspoon & Petals!
- Ever Growing Farm is hosting the Local Bite Challenge this summer. Details here!
- Strawberry balsamic black pepper sauce.
- A perfectly timed reminder that now is a good time to take inventory of what you have left in the pantry and make plans for this coming preserving season.
- Finally, get excited for strawberry season with Fillmore Container!
And so many cookbook links!
- Thanks to Dad Cooks Dinner for including Preserving by the Pint in his spring cookbook round-up!
- Autumn Makes and Cooks shared my rosemary apple jam recipe. It’s a favorite of mine.
- Winnie at Healthy Green Kitchen featured the orange cardamom curd. It’s just the thing to bridge the gap between winter and spring.
- Over on Sassy Radish, Olga made her take on my pickled carrots in her gorgeous new kitchen.
- Laura picked up a copy of the new book at Reading Terminal Market a few weeks back and said a few nice words!
- Janet from A Raisin and A Porpoise (she who hooked me up with the best fried chicken ever) made my herb salt and dusts it over popcorn. An amazing use.
- Oh Well Preserved. You guys are the best. Thank you for the rave!
- Finally, Kate from Hip Girl’s Guide to Homemaking offered a peek inside the book and is giving away a copy! Head over to her site to enter!
Thanks to all of you who took the time to enter the Cutco giveaway last week! Here are the winners.
Congratulations to all the winners
Thank you so much for including my post in your links!
Wow!!! How do I claim my prize?