It’s been quite a scramble around here getting ready to leave on this southern book tour of mine and so these links are now a full day late (so sorry to keep you guys waiting for the winners in the Cutco giveaway). I head out tomorrow morning and have come to the point where I’ve done all I can do before I hit the road. I will try to catch up with the rest later.
Oh! And thanks to everyone who came and picked up a book yesterday at the Philly Farm & Food Fest. It was such a treat to meet so many of you! Now, links!
- Pickled turnip stems! So clever!
- Has there ever been anything more beautiful than this lentil salad with quick pickled vegetables? I think not.
- With Passover here and Easter on its way, there’s no better time in the world than now for pickled red beet eggs.
- Pretty water in jars flavored with strawberries, cucumber, lime, and mint. Such a good way to keep yourself hydrated!
- Mango coconut macadamia conserve. Amazing.
- Philadelphians longing to learn more about tea should take this class with Alexis from Teaspoon & Petals!
- Ever Growing Farm is hosting the Local Bite Challenge this summer. Details here!
- Strawberry balsamic black pepper sauce.
- A perfectly timed reminder that now is a good time to take inventory of what you have left in the pantry and make plans for this coming preserving season.
- Finally, get excited for strawberry season with Fillmore Container!
And so many cookbook links!
- Thanks to Dad Cooks Dinner for including Preserving by the Pint in his spring cookbook round-up!
- Autumn Makes and Cooks shared my rosemary apple jam recipe. It’s a favorite of mine.
- Winnie at Healthy Green Kitchen featured the orange cardamom curd. It’s just the thing to bridge the gap between winter and spring.
- Over on Sassy Radish, Olga made her take on my pickled carrots in her gorgeous new kitchen.
- Laura picked up a copy of the new book at Reading Terminal Market a few weeks back and said a few nice words!
- Janet from A Raisin and A Porpoise (she who hooked me up with the best fried chicken ever) made my herb salt and dusts it over popcorn. An amazing use.
- Oh Well Preserved. You guys are the best. Thank you for the rave!
- Finally, Kate from Hip Girl’s Guide to Homemaking offered a peek inside the book and is giving away a copy! Head over to her site to enter!
Thanks to all of you who took the time to enter the Cutco giveaway last week! Here are the winners.