Just a few links tonight and the Breakfast for Dinner winner. I continue to make steady book writing progress, though I found myself possessed with the need to step away from the computer today in order to sort, clean, and purge instead. Our closets and bookcases look much roomier and more organized, but it didn’t do much for my word count.
- As a prodigious jam maker, I often turn to thumbprint cookies as a way to use up some of my preserves. This last week, I spotted two different recipes that looked intriguing. This grain-free version from Healthy Green Kitchen and this peanut butter take from Two Frog Home.
- I am a fool for baked oatmeal and this one (done in a vintage Copco baking pan, no less!) from the very talented Molly/Orangette looks divine.
- Pear and date chutney. I am kicking myself that it has never occurred to me to turn to dates to sweet my various batches of chutney.
- Autumn makes carrot kimchi and muses on the ways in which her preserving practice has evolved.
- Seville orange marmalade. I’ve made three batches this winter and haven’t managed to write about a single one. Oops.
- Last week for the FN Dish, I wrote about how little I enjoy eating out for brunch and how much I dig making quiche for friends.
Our winner is #3, Krisann. She wrote, “The best breakfast for dinner has got to be Waffle Wraps. Basically, picture a breakfast burrito. Now it’s a breakfast taco. Now it’s in a waffle instead of a tortilla. You’re welcome.”
Krisann, that’s brilliant. I have homemade waffles in my fridge and I WILL be making that soon.