This last week has been such a good one. My mom got into town on Tuesday night and it’s been so fun to have her here. We’ve done a bit of preserving together, have gone on some very nice, meandering walks, and have generally enjoyed being around one another. When we weren’t just hanging out together, we were with extended family, celebrating the marriage of our cousin Amy to her partner Jean. They’ve been together for more than 30 years and it’s been such a joy to see them legally wed.
- Low-ish sugar blueberry raspberry jam.
- Some of Eat Boutique’s favorite homemade jam recipes.
- Preserving seven pounds of peaches.
- Cherry plum rum preserves.
- How Ashley English used her Canbassador bounty.
- Watermelon and pickle salad!?!
- Sweet and savory peach jam.
- Fermented relishes.
- Packing lunches and maple sun butter.
- Easy home canned tomato sauce.
- Vegan jam drops.
- How to avoid soggy pickles.
- A vegetable freezing refresher course.
- How to make your own beeswax food wrap.
The winners in last week’s Flip Cap giveaway are #24/Sue F. and #167/Pamela. Congratulations winners! And don’t forget, if you like the sound of the Flip Caps, you can get them here.
I just discovered my local Windmill Farms has Pomona’s Pectin. I’m going to give it a try.
Enjoy your blog and all the posts, enjoy the clear pleasure with which you post new recipies, so thanks for that. But what really brought joy to my heart are the images you shared on Flickr of what clearly shows a very loving, respectful, considerate and very inclusive family, young and old. I don’t know you, I don’t know your family, but these pictures truly speak a thousand words each of the love that is extended by all. Thanks for allowing others to share in this joy!
I now will go make a jar of soggy pickles to celebrate your cousin and her partner!