It took the better part of a week, but life is finally settling down into a normal rhythm again. It’s been a pleasure to cook regular food (I love jam, but after weeks of demos, it’s nice to make savory things), walk around my neighborhood, and sleep in my own bed. I do have a number of events coming up this week and next, but they’re all within driving distance of home, which is so nice. Now, links!
- Strawberry vanilla jam. Pickled green strawberries. Strawberry mustard.
- How to make vinegar from scratch.
- Potato salad with pickled ramps.
- Spruce tip salt.
- Quiche with a sliced potato crust.
- On deviling eggs.
- Jammer galette.
- What to know about the new maple syrup grading system.
- My Carrot Cake Conserve on about.com.
- I was recently a guest on the On the Menu podcast. Listen here!
Curious who won the Mother’s Day Coffee Gift Set from Mason Jar Lifestyle? It’s Beth V.! For those of you who didn’t win, don’t forget that you have to get your order in tonight to get your set shipped in time for May 8.
Notes on the above photo. Last week, I had lunch the home of Nadia Hassani. She is the author of the lovely book Spoonfuls of Germany. She fed me sorrel soup from her book, the pumpernickel bread she wrote about here, and sparkling water spiked with fir tip syrup and lemon juice. Make sure to follow her on Facebook!