I am home again (how many times have I typed those words over the last six months?). It has been such a pleasure to be out in the world so much this year, but I am now looking forward towards entering my more introverted season. I’m hoping to revive my sourdough starter, get a batch of kombucha bubbling away, and finally get my next book idea out of my brain and down on paper. Until then, a few links.
- Many parts of the country have a fall strawberry season. If you’re one of the lucky ones, make some strawberry vanilla jam.
- Need autumn jam ideas? The fall edition of Lindsay’s That’s My Jam e-book is available!
- Fig vanilla bean jam.
- Kevin West’s damson plum butter.
- On preserving Concord grapes.
- Roasted chipotle salsa.
- Fire roasted salsa.
- A traditional pasta sauce process (charming, though I don’t recommend skipping the processing step as they do).
- Fried shishito peppers (I was there when Alana made these and I can confirm their deliciousness).
- Six ways to freeze basil.
- Saving heirloom fruit in Italy.
- An interview with me on the Vegetable Gardening podcast (warning! It autoplays!).
The most recent giveaway for which there are winners is the one I hosted a couple of weeks ago with Emily Press (remember those fabulous labels!). The winners (as selected by the Rafflecopter randomizer) are Karapeers, Jennife, and Marilyn O. More tasty giveaways coming up soon!