Thanks to everyone for your patience during this transition to the new site. I had intended to get this post up on Sunday night but we started the server shift and I missed my window. I spent yesterday at the Fancy Food Show in New York and got home late, nearly dizzy with exhaustion, with no brain power left. So here we are, midway through Tuesday and I just getting up my links and winners. Such is life, sometimes!
- I love this post about how to build your own summer salad with what you already have in your fridge and pantry.
- Make your own mason jar themed notebook. Perfect for tracking your summer canning.
- Never before have pickled veg looked prettier than this sandwich slaw.
- Preserved rose petals. Gorgeous!
- It’s been awhile since I made ghee. I think it’s time to bring it back, as it’s such a nice cooking oil to have on hand.
- I have long been a fan of Kevin West’s blog, Saving the Season. His new book is beautiful and I love this Morning Edition story from this last Saturday in which he was featured.
- Garlic scape infused vinegar. Do it while scapes are still available!
- If you’ve still got strawberries, save the scrapes and make a little cordial.
Time for the winners of last week’s Cuppow giveaway! It was really fun to read about all your favorite summer drinks and coolers!
Why does the garlic scape vinegar recipe want me to sign in to Word Press? I’m guessing I can figure out how to make scape vinegar but would still love to see the recipe.
Thanks for pointing that out, Judy. I had the wrong link in there. It’s fixed now.
Many thanks Marissa. You always link to interesting recipes so I’m excited to check it out. I have garlic scapes sitting on the counter waiting for inspiration to hit and this may just be it.
Guess I’m going to just have to buy some Cuppows. The only way to keep my cat out of my water cup is to put a lid on these just seem so much nicer than drinking water out of my re-usable Starbucks cup… 😉
It is looking awesome over here!! Congrats on the new digs. Whew, I bet you are glad it is over.
Thank for including me in your links. I’m off to check out strawberry cordial!
Love the flow & feel of your new site! Growing pains….achhhh!
I think I might have won! How do I know for certain? Do I need to email you?
Thanks for sharing my mason jar notebooks, Marisa! Hope to meet up sometime when you’re in NYC.
I wrote to you re: the rose petal preserves, and you said you would be sending me an e mail, but I never got one. What happened?
Arlene, the only email I sent you was one saying that I didn’t have a recipe list like the one you requested. Beyond that, we’ve had no contact. The rose petals preserves recipe can be found here: http://www.healthygreenkitchen.com/ukrainian-preserved-rose-petals-rozha-z-tsukrom.html.
Does a blank reply mean that you are not sending me the recipe? arlene.buono