It’s been a quiet week in the Food in Jars Flickr pool, so I thought I’d swap in a few links for the normal Sunday night photo feature (it’ll be back next week!).
- I am officially obsessed with pears. I can’t stop thinking about this liqueur.
- Friday night, Scott and I took a late-night walk around Philadelphia and I spotted a rosebush heavy with hips in an untended lot. I want to sneak back so that I can make this rosehip syrup.
- Sam Sifton makes me want to fry a turkey.
- Three tips for crisper pickles. Good advice!
- Speaking of pickles, here are things you can do with the ones in your fridge! Nice post, Well Preserved!
- Fig, pistachio and goat cheese danish. Without fail, I always want to eat the things that Deena posts to Mostly Foodstuffs.
- Autumn made a gorgeous quince buckle. Since I’ve already roasted the quince in the picture above, I think I must get more before the season ends.
- Tis the season for homemade chai.
- Concord grape chutney. I’ve been in love with persimmon chutney lately, but I think I must add this to my line-up.
- I spent Saturday at TECHmunch Philly. Madame Fromage was there too and wrote a very nice post about the experience.
- An illustrated guide to persimmons. I love this and wish someone would print it on a poster.
I hope that everyone who’s out there in the path of Hurricane Sandy is secure and ready for the storm. Please be safe!