I’m back from vacation. It was a lovely respite from regular life and though we didn’t go anywhere particularly exotic, Scott and I really enjoyed bopping around Lancaster County and the Lehigh Valley. I had plenty of blog reading time while we were away and so here are some of the links I’ve collected to share.
- Peanut butter and jam turnovers. Could be a fun addition to a Mother’s Day brunch.
- Homemade cream cheese. Brilliant.
- Looks for a new way to fancy up sparkling water? How about this rhubarb raspberry fizz!
- Speaking of rhubarb, this melted red onion and rhubarb fondue sounds gorgeous.
- Still more rhubarb! This time, baked into scones with strawberries.
- I had some banana jam at a food swap last summer that blew me away. This one sounds equally delightful.
- DIY beeswax food wrap.
- Save those strawberry scraps and make your own strawberry vinegar.
- A tour of a small batch jam factory. Love those giant jam pans.
- And finally, because it’s spring and we’re all going crazy for whatever seasonal produce is available, pickled fiddlehead ferns.
Time for winners in the Aladdin Mason Tumbler. Thanks to all of you who took the time to enter and share your favorite vacations! Our winners are commenter numbers #75 (Paula), #166 (Athena), and #422 (Anotai Udomwittyakrai). I’ll be in touch with all the winners shortly.
OMG, I love your bowl. That would look quite nice in my kitchen. What an adorable tumbler, I’ll have to find some of those to buy!
-Anna in Alaska
Who knows…you might even have driven by our farm! Glad you enjoyed your vacation!
Thanks for including Wonderland Kitchen! I have been meaning to try making that DIY beeswax food wrap. I will consider this a sign 🙂
Glad you had a nice little vacation…yay to the Lehigh Valley!! I’m moving back there (after 4 yrs in Montana) in less than a week!!!
I love your vintage pyrex bowl too! I snagged a Friendship 4 piece nesting bowl set last summer. *LOVE*
That’s a fabulous bowl; those birds sure look like doves to me. And let’s hear it for the return of rhubarb! Thanks so much for shouting out the banana jam and the giveaway last week. Happy spring, Marisa!
Wow, I’m pleased to have finally won something. It’s rare indeed and I’ve loved your giveaways. I look forward to getting the tumblr for my ice tea this summer. 🙂