Throughout my high school and college years, it happened without fail. The moment the stress and pressure of the semester had passed, I’d come down with a cold, the flu, or some other strange virus that would force me to do nothing but rest and watch bad TV for at least a week.
I thought I was done with that kind of stress-related sickness, but apparently old patterns are hard to break. The moment we were through with my mother-in-law’s memorial service and had done the bulk of the cleaning out of her apartment, I came down with something resembling the flu. I spent most of the last week in bed or on the couch, trying to sleep my way back to health.
I finally feel better today and it’s not a moment too soon, since I leave for IACP and then book tour activities next week! Fingers crossed that my health holds out! Now, links!
- I so want to make Autumn’s Tomato Vanilla Jam!
- Meme’s quick pickled cucumbers.
- These loaves of German pumpernickel, baked in jars, speak to me.
- There have been so many great canning tips on Living Homegrown lately. I particularly loved reading through the mistakes that rookies make, and how to overcome them.
- I love the baking posts that Stella Parks has been doing for Serious Eats lately. This one on hot cross buns was great, as is this one on soda breads.
- As someone who finds homemade nut butters to be hit or miss (I made one recently with hazelnuts that was a definite miss), I appreciated these tips on making creamy nut butters.
- Sweet potato red lentil biscuit? Yes, please!
- Such useful information on baking with sourdough!
- Peanut butter granola.