Happy Easter, friends! I hope you’ve all had a wonderful weekend. We’ve had a busy one, cleaning out Scott’s mom’s apartment and making space in our little apartment for some of her things. It’s also my last weekend at home before I hit the road for my west coast book tour, so I’ve been trying to squeeze in some errands before I leave. It’s been busy! Now, links!
- Love these gochugaru preserved lemons from Beyond Canning that Kaela posted.
- I’ve also got this banana chocolate butter on my to-make list. Autumn’s got so many great recipes in that book of hers!
- Okay, one more from Beyond Canning. Rangpur lime marmalade.
- Pretty quick pickles.
- Last week’s Living Homegrown podcast was all full of useful canning tips!
- These chickpeas with cilantro lime dressing speak to me.
- Compound butters. Tasty and nice to look at.
- I love Hank Shaw’s thoughts on a full freezer and when enough is plenty.
- Elevated garden beds.
- I know we’re now past the egg-dyeing point, but I still think it’s amazing the colors you can get from vegetables.
- Tips on getting clustery, bark-like granola.
- Date oatmeal bars.
The winners in last week’s Jam Jar giveaway (sponsored by Fillmore Container) are #247/Nickolina, #301/Kathy, and #506/Katie Cleveland. I’ll be in touch with the winners soon!
HA! I found those cute little jars at my local Target and today I canned up some strawberry rose geranium jam.
Limes are on sale so I’m going to try my hand at marmalade this year. Going to try to recreate my favorite flavor of soda from my local organic market: lime clove hibiscus.
Congratulations to the winners! I found the full freezer article very interesting.