I spent the end of last week feeling like I was on the verge of getting really sick. In response, I hunkered down, drank buckets of tea, and slept multiple 12 hour stretches. Happily, the worst of the crud never came, but I did fall behind in everything but my Scandal watching. We’re off to Scott’s mom’s house for Thanksgiving on Wednesday morning, so I’m trying to squeeze all my catching up into Monday and Tuesday. It’s probably not going to happen, but I’ll do my best.
- Gin soaked golden raisins for serving with funky cheeses.
- Pumpkin syrup! I want this!
- Tangy tart apple pear butter.
- Two kinds of bread for the Thanksgiving table. Scoopable potato rolls and sweet potato biscuits.
- Swimming in cranberries? Make pate de fruit!
- Well Preserved shares ten uses for leftover pickle brine.
- Struggling with your pie crust? Alana has a foolproof technique that uses a stand mixer.
- Amanda from Phickle digs into the myths behind fermentation and lays down the truth.
- Pretty pear ginger chutney.
- Here’s a good one for preserves in action. Whiskey applesauce cake!
We had two giveaways come to their end last week. First was the Duralex giveaway sponsored by MightyNest that ended last Wednesday. The winner in that giveaway was selected through Rafflecopter and is Brenda McNamee Diggs.
The Anolon giveaway ended on Saturday night and the winner, selected by random.com, is Sarah (commenter #8). Thanks to everyone who took the time to enter! I’ll have a Thanksgiving week giveaway up tomorrow, so stay tuned!