I realized yesterday that I had a choice. I could either let the heaviness of life and current events get to me, or I could embrace the holiday season and fling myself into it wholeheartedly. I decided to open my arms to the light of Hanukkah and the joy of Christmas. Even though I was alone in the apartment (Scott was away visiting his mom, who is still in the hospital in Long Island), I pulled out the menorah and lit the candles for the first night. I also set up our little artificial tree, finally filling the spot I’d cleared for it last week. Welcome to the season of intentional celebration! Now, links!
- The most beautiful writing about persimmons, ever.
- Pressure canned grapefruit curd.
- Homemade celery salt.
- Making bone broth.
- Apricot jam glazed chicken.
- Slow cooker pork with plum jam.
- Bean soup mix in a jar.
- Date breakfast squares.
- Pecan pie energy bars.
- Cherry chocolate maple challah. The many branches of the challah family tree.
Thanks to everyone who entered the FARMcurious fermenting set giveaway! The winner is #129/Kris.