Summer is flying by. Earlier tonight, I canned up a batch of nectarine ketchup, pureed some white peaches for fruit leather, and cut up every last remaining piece of stonefruit in the the kitchen to make a final batch of jam. The coming week is going to be all about tomatoes and cucumbers, so I’ve got to clear the decks. I hope your kitchens have been equally active! Now, links!
- Nectarine butter.
- Someone else’s version of nectarine ketchup!
- Peach butter.
- Watermelon rind pickles.
- Five ways to preserve beets.
- Pickled purslane.
- Spiralized fridge pickles.
- Rainbow carrot sesame pickles.
- Bread and butter pickles.
- On canning chicken.
- Peach almond quick bread.
- Homemade hot fudge sauce.
- All the tomatoes.
And a couple things of mine…
- A guest post featuring a couple of my recipes on Bounty from the Box.
- The latest episode of Local Mouthful, the podcast I co-host with Joy Manning, is live and in it I talk about my favorite summer seafood and the apron that has made me love aprons again.
The winner of last week’s Fillmore Container BBQ Sauce prize pack is Jennifer Garnette! I’ve got another terrific giveaway coming your way later this week, so stay tuned!