This last week was a nice, quiet one. I’ve been plugging away at the next book (natural sweeteners!), preserving 10 pounds of meyer lemons from the Lemon Ladies, and drinking a ton of water (cold weather makes me thirsty). No complaints here! Now, for links about marmalade, soups, and the occasional pickle.
- Tiny candied limequats (and their syrup!).
- Homemade marmalade, in four parts.
- Tips for award winning marmalade.
- My blood orange marmalade on Use Real Butter.
- Spicy pickled carrots with garlic!
- Grilled squash, lightly pickled. Oh yes.
- Why does pickled garlic sometimes turn bright blue?
- Super simple homemade mustard.
- Suggestions from chefs on how to use up extra jam.
- This pot of soup for one sounds so delicious.
- I would like a bowl of this vividly green potato leek soup. Or this healing, brothy one.
- Homemade bialys seem somehow less daunting than bagels
- Buckwheat cake filled with lingonberry preserves.
A couple weeks ago, offered up a copy of Fresh and Fermented for giveaway and then never posted the winner. Oops. The winner is #253/Matt.
Just wanted to drop you a note and tell you about a seriously delicious lunch we had today using one of your recipes. I cooked up a few big batches of zucchini butter this summer and froze most of it. Today I thawed about 3 cups of it out and decided to use it in pasta. I boiled linguini, then added some bacon pieces from the freezer to the hot pot, the zucchini butter, some dehydrated pear tomatoes from my garden this summer (soaked them in boiling water for a few minutes previously) and the added the hot noodles back. A few splashes of the pasta water to thin things out, topped with shaved parmesan from a local cheese maker and lunch was served.
We all loved it…my 3 year old had thirds, my zucchini gagging daughter ate her plate right up and my husband said it ranks up there with my pesto pasta, which is a favorite.. So next summer I am hoping for more big zucchinis to make up even more butter for the freezer! Thanks for a great recipe!
I am so glad to hear that you’re pleased with the zucchini butter! It really is such good stuff.
Umm, can we talk about the purple Ball jar?
Angie, I am working on a post about them right now!
Those lemon slices look so refreshing. It’s been a nice quiet week for me too. And now I have to go look up that zucchini butter!
Thanks for the shout!