Lately, I have been finding great deal of comfort in cooking and sharing food. In the last couple weeks, friends have had babies, while others have experienced the unexpected loss of loved ones. Other dear ones are feeling disheartened and angry at the policies coming out of Washington and have needed the solace of a communal meal. I’ve made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, pots of chicken soup, loaves of bread, and vast casseroles. In these times, it often feels like there’s not much we can do, but wholesome, homemade food is always healing. Now, links.
- I’ll be publishing the January Mastery Challenge round-up on Tuesday, but here are a few marmalades that caught my eye from early on in the challenge. Vanilla citrus marmalade. Cara meyer marm.
- Strawberry pate de fruit.
- Cherry port jam.
- Rhubarb pineapple balsamic shrub.
- Meyer lemon relish.
- Candied jalapeno slices.
- A kimchi recipe that captures the flavors of the tasty store bought kind.
- Pickled turmeric eggs.
- Basil lime pickled radishes.
- Musings on using up marmalade.
- I love Mike’s Time Lapse Tuesday videos (they’re hypnotic) and particularly liked this one in which he makes Laurie Colwin’s lentil soup.
- I recently started maintaining a sourdough starter again lately and am definitely going to make these herb sourdough crackers to use up some of the excess starter.
- If you live in the Philadelphia area and are free on February 21, you should come to the dinner and a movie event that Tenaya and Andre Darlington are hosting at Martha in celebration of their new book, TCM’s Movie Night Menus. It should be a very good time.
We’ve got winners in the Biscuit Press giveaway from last week! I’ll be in touch with the winners in the next day or so. If you didn’t win but loved the Biscuit Press gear, support a small business and buy a pin, patch or magnet!
And check back tomorrow, when I’ll have another tasty giveaway for you all!