I feel like I’ve been in a fog for the last month. I came down with a cold just before Christmas and have spent the all the weeks since then trying to get back to my normal levels of energy and productivity (if the blog has seemed a bit unloved lately, this is why).
I spent more days that I can count laying on the couch doing nothing beyond drinking tea, coughing, and tumbling down a Netflix-shaped hole. Thankfully, I woke up on Friday morning (exactly four weeks since I first got sick!) feeling like I’d finally turned a corner and spent the snowy weekend tackling long-abandoned projects with forgotten energy and focus. Hooray for health! Here are some links!
- Vanilla mandarin jam.
- Pearsimmon jam (I made a similar batch back in the fall, that I never managed to write about. Maybe soon!).
- More marmalade!
- Tips for understanding preserving recipes.
- A guide to canned and pickled peppers, from The Kitchn. And what to do with the liquid from those cans and jars.
- Labneh spheres in olive oil. These have long been on my to-make list.
- Sheet pan hash browns. They have nothing to do with preserving, but every time I look at the pictures in that post, I want to make them.
- Atlanta area folks! Lyn from Preserving Now recently posted new classes. Sign up before the sell out!