Friends, I’m writing this dispatch from a hotel room in Brooklyn. Scott and I dashed up here yesterday so that I could teach a trio of classes over Saturday, Sunday and Monday at The Brooklyn Kitchen. On Tuesday, we head back to Pennsylvania for a little end of August road trip. I have a few posts that will be going up over the week while I’m away, but I’m not going to be as ever-present in the comments and over email as I often am. Please do cut me some slack and know that I’ll do my best to catch up and answer questions when I get back after Labor Day.
- Got more canning jar rings than you know what to do with? Tie them up with string!
- Need a little help with your tomato sauce making? This tutorial from The Kitchn is here to help!
- Isn’t this peach and cornmeal cake pretty?
- Wild plum jam! I do with there was a little more feral fruit in my life.
- Peach ketchup. A condiment worth making.
- Oh, black currant jam. I long for it.
- Ginger peach preserves. Another take on Canbassador fruit.
- Kate, the original Hip Girl, goes for a super small batch of jam.
- Wouldn’t it be fun to spread these overnight oatcakes with a nice layer of jam?
- A useful tip about how to pack your freezer for food safety.
Thanks so much to everyone to entered the Sur La Table giveaway last week. The winner is #750/Leigh. Thanks again to Sur La Table for the goodies!
Make sure to check back in tomorrow, as I’ll have another fun giveaway up for you all.
Thanks so much for the kind shout-out, Marisa! Hope you are well. —S