Friends, things are quite sad over here at Food in Jars HQ. My mother-in-law died on Sunday morning. She had spent the last nine months struggling with metastatic colorectal cancer and had gone into hospice just a week and a half ago. We knew the end was near, but we didn’t expect it to arrive quite so quickly. Right now, we’re wading through the details and arrangements, trying to keep our heads above the fog of grief.
I have a couple posts lined up for the next few days, but on the whole, posting it going to be a little bit slow around these parts during the later part of this week. Thank you for your compassion and understanding.
Now, some links.
- I’m so looking forward to making a batch of Autumn’s Grapefruit Rhubarb Preserves!
- Tips for being a successful home canner!
- Almond meal jam bars from Dessert for Two. Don’t they look good!
- Parts two and three of the larder story from Throwback at Trapper Creek (I linked to part one last time I did a round-up).
- Kinda bars (like Kind bars, but easy and homemade).
- If you listen to Local Mouthful, you’ll know that I have a soft spot for cabbage. This golden carrot and cabbage dish speaks particularly loudly to me.
- Atlanta folks! Don’t miss the Bread and Jam classes that Lyn and Tom from Preserving Now are teaching. Sounds like such a fun way to morning.
I will email all the winners in the next couple days. And don’t forget to enter the Beyond Canning giveaway I’m running this week. It’s such a fantastic book!