Slowly but surely, we’re making our way back to normal again. My mother-in-law’s memorial is now behind us. The apartment is mostly back together after hosting the family for sandwiches, cookies, and comforting beverages. And we’ve made headway in clearing out her apartment.
It’s been an exceptionally bittersweet time, because as much as my heart is heavy, there’s also been a goodly amount of joy. Amazon started shipping Naturally Sweet Food in Jars last week and I’ve been heard from so many of you that you have it in your hands, that you’re flagging recipes, and that you’re even already cooking from it. It’s been a real bright spot in a bleak time.
Now, some links.
- Different preserves, defined!
- Autumn is hosting an awesome giveaway in celebration of her new book, sponsored by MightyNest. Get over there and enter.
- Speaking of Beyond Canning, my giveaway is closed, but several others are still open!
- The top three canning myths! If I could add a fourth, I’d say that a false canning belief is that it’s dangerous!
- Rye hot cross bun loaf. I want this for breakfast tomorrow.
- Tahini date granola bars with dried apricots. Perfect travel snacks.
- Speaking of travel food, these breakfast bars would fuel one for hours.
- This yogurt co-op makes me think that I need to start a co-op of my own. I love the idea of communal making and I’m in dire need of more face-to-face community in my life.
- A very smart method for proofing bread in the microwave (no, you’re not actually microwaving the dough).