I’m now officially in the phase known as book crunch time. I spent most the weekend writing and plan to spend much of the next two weeks on a short tether, moving from stove to computer and back again. Please send all the creative thoughts you can spare in my general direction! Now, links!
- Loved this interview with Amanda from Phickle about how she got started fermenting and why it’s important to her.
- Roasted tomato spread (a great way to use up any lingered bags of tomatoes that got lost in the back of your freezer).
- Raspberry and pomegranate juice jam.
- Tips for streamlining your canning practice.
- A ploughman’s lunch inside a grilled cheese sandwich.
- My friend and occasional teaching partner Tenaya Darlington launched a fab new website recently, called Sprig & Spirit. Co-written with her brother Andre, it is devoted to “cocktails for wellbeing.”
- Granola bars one and two.
- An interesting piece on the history of canning.
- A green, lemony tonic for spring.
- Some fancy free printable labels for canning and freezing.
- Roasted cauliflower leaves?! Color me intrigued.
- Have you entered the Mighty Nest giveaway that Kate’s currently hosting? Get on over there and sign yourself up for some fab cleaning supplies.
The winner of last week’s Ball FreshTECH Electric Water Bath Canner Giveaway is #866/Angie W. I so loved reading all your stories of canning gear and how you process the bounty of the summer!