This last week was something of a strange one for me. I got back from Fayetteville on Monday evening, planning to have an intensely productive week. But then, on Tuesday my computer took a glass of water to the logic board and all bets were off. My husband set me up on an old machine so that I could work some, but the whole thing threw me for a major loop.
I think there were some good lessons in there about slowing down (maybe that would have prevented the accident in the first place) and giving myself a break (I am notoriously bad at relaxing), but it was an uncomfortable way to learn. Happily, the computer is back from the Apple spa and I feel like I’m cooking with gas (technologically speaking, at least). Now, links!
- Quick pickled figs for eating with cheese.
- For my fellow Le Creuset obsessives. Did you hear that they are bringing back the classic Loewy coquelle?
- Late summer canning and a peach clafoutis.
- Curried yellow tomato chutney. Kaela always makes the best stuff.
- Buckwheat waffles. These will be in my very near future.
- I have a stash of peaches on my dining table that are finally perfectly ripe. This German peach pie speaks to me.
- Thoughts on growing and preserving sweet peppers.
- I’ve been itching to make a nice teacake to toast for breakfast. This fruity loaf sounds ideal.
- Tips for dehydrating tomatoes. I really want to get at least one batch of Kristina’s marinated dehydrated tomatoes made this year.
- Speaking of tomatoes, this salsa recipe looks like it’s a winner.
- And while we’re on the topic of salsa, get yourself some tomatillos and make a batch of roasted salsa.
The winners of last week’s Spice Ratchet Blossom uCap are…
Congratulations to all the winners! And for all of you who didn’t win, stay tuned. I’ll have another fun giveaway up tomorrow!