- Easy homemade energy bars. My current book project is being fueled by food like this.
- Pebbly beach fruit square. A little more buttery than the energy bars above.
- One more bar! This one is full of nuts, seeds, and puffed brown rice cereal.
- Kevin West’s very beautiful limoncello.
- How to freeze individual slices of bacon.
- Homemade frankencheese!
- A really substantial and positive review of Karen Solomon’s Asian Pickles: Japan.
- Pictures from a canning party!
- Crispy rye crackers with seed blend on top.
- Port wine fig bites! I am tempted to make these with jam in place of the port soaked dried figs.
- Useful tools for fermenting your food.
- Blue jars are coming back and you can pre-order them now (I’ll have more about these next week!).
Time for winners! I loved reading about all the things you guys make by hand. You are truly a group of talented, handy folks!
Our By Hand tote bag and magazine copy recipients are Sarsie (#105) and Katie (#637). I’ll be in touch soon!
Thank you so much for featuring my FrankenCheese! It was so fun to make! Now, I’m going to click on those other links for my afternoon reading.
You are so welcome!
Oh man, I just noticed the link to the port wine fig bars. Thanks so much! And I think they would indeed be lovely with jam in the place of port wine soaked figs. This made my day, really!
Sara, I’m so glad you’re pleased by the link! 🙂