Last week was the first seven-day period since March when I didn’t have to drive 60+ miles or do a canning demonstration. It was glorious. Now, don’t get me wrong. I love sharing my excitement around food preservation and getting to meet you guys when I’m out and about. I’ve just also found that in order to maintain my appreciation for this work I do, I need some time off from it on occasion. Now, links!
- Pickled fennel with preserved lemon!
- Fire cider. Good for what ails you.
- On rendering lard at home.
- Quick breads speak to me. Apple sage walnut. GF corn muffins.
- Spike your coffee with this spiced brown sugar syrup.
- Cranberries. Jalapeno jam. Cinnamon cranana jam. Molded in a tin can (blast from the past).
- Quince jelly. Quince paste.
- Mushroom jam!?!
- A preserves in action applesauce tart!
- On keeping homemade stock in the fridge for extended periods.
- Making piece with short days and cooler temps with enthusiasm and cookies.
- Two worthy Kickstarter campaigns! Kefirko (a cool kefir strainer kit) and Little BIG Books (small but mighty cookbooks from Molly O’Neill).
Big thanks to everyone who took the time to enter last week’s Fermentools giveaway! It was fun to read all about your favorite ferments! The winners are…
And stay tuned. I’ll have a couple different fun giveaways coming this week!
Yes! Mushroom JAM! 😀 And it’s delicious!
Thanks for linking to my recipe, Marisa! Happy Thanksgiving!
I just made fire cider on Saturday! I took 5 recipes and went from there! 🙂 I am wondering how mine will turn out because I really packed the ingredients in! I’m hoping I didn’t overdo it, and will have a fair bit of fire cider! If not, I’ll try again!
I don’t understand the title, cranberries, quick breads & winners. I don’t see any links to cranberries or quick breads…