I hope everyone had a lovely holiday and that you’ve had a surfeit of turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. I must confess, this was not my most joyous Thanksgiving weekend on record. My mother-in-law has been in the hospital for the last week and so we spent much of the holiday and its weekend with her. Scott and I did slip away for a dinner with my relatives on Saturday, but our hearts remained with Joan and her health struggles.
Now, some links.
- Cranberry sauce with marmalade.
- Cranberry breakfast cookies.
- Cranberry orange granola bars.
- Filling a crock with cabbage for kraut.
- Collard stem pesto (I love a waste prevention recipe)
- Beans and greens (a beloved combination).
- Pressure canning chicken stock.
- Brown sugar shortbread (great with a dab of tart jam or tucked in gift boxes).
- Love these mason jar cozies for teacher and neighbor gifts.
- Come holiday season, a snack box is a great way to always be ready for guests.
- I’ve really been enjoying the Simple Matters interview series over on Reading My Tea Leaves. This conversation with Camille Storch (of Wayward Spark and Old Blue Raw Honey) is particularly nice.
The winner of the Hobby Hill Farm Fresh Yogotherm giveaway is #161/Doris. Enjoy, Doris!
The winners of the recent Fillmore Container gift card giveaway are #79/Jules and #303/Anne.
Thank you so much for picking me! I emailed you back with my info! 🙂
I’m sorry to hear about your family member’s health and I hope everything goes well.
I just wanted to mention that I used your cranberry sauce recipe (although added a little orange rind) and as always, bringing something I made to the dinner was fun, and knowing that I had an extra jar at home in the fridge was even better.
Always an honor to be included in your links list, never a good time to have a loved one in the hospital…
Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law – best wishes for her and your family.