I hope everyone had a lovely holiday and that you’ve had a surfeit of turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. I must confess, this was not my most joyous Thanksgiving weekend on record. My mother-in-law has been in the hospital for the last week and so we spent much of the holiday and its weekend with her. Scott and I did slip away for a dinner with my relatives on Saturday, but our hearts remained with Joan and her health struggles.
Now, some links.
- Cranberry sauce with marmalade.
- Cranberry breakfast cookies.
- Cranberry orange granola bars.
- Filling a crock with cabbage for kraut.
- Collard stem pesto (I love a waste prevention recipe)
- Beans and greens (a beloved combination).
- Pressure canning chicken stock.
- Brown sugar shortbread (great with a dab of tart jam or tucked in gift boxes).
- Love these mason jar cozies for teacher and neighbor gifts.
- Come holiday season, a snack box is a great way to always be ready for guests.
- I’ve really been enjoying the Simple Matters interview series over on Reading My Tea Leaves. This conversation with Camille Storch (of Wayward Spark and Old Blue Raw Honey) is particularly nice.