- Roasted feta! With a fig-thyme compote! I know what I’m making for my next party!
- Two gorgeous recipes from Fisher & Paykel. One for apricot halves preserved in a vanilla syrup and the other for pickled cherries (they’re on the other side of the world and having their summer right now).
- Whiskey sours made with marmalade. Sounds like a very good way to get your preserves working!
- I am entirely obsessed with citrus these days, and this white grapefruit tart speaks to me.
- Speaking of baked goods made with citrus, Autumn’s whole rangpur lime bars also beckon.
- As someone who is forever buying cans of chipotles to use a single pepper, I’m filing this tip away for the very near future.
- Shallot chile paste. Someday, when I wrest myself free of cookbook recipe testing, I will make this.
- When my mom was pregnant with me, she ate borscht by the gallon. I love it dearly (though I don’t know if that’s why), but Cathy’s recent post on the subject has me craving it madly.
- Speaking of soups, next time I make chicken stock, I’m throwing a couple beefy marrow bones in for extra depth of flavor.
- I buy my vinegar in gallon jugs and nearly always have a couple back-ups (I hate running out and being forced to buy the expensive quarts from my neighborhood store). This piece details the many ways you can use that vinegar all throughout your home.
- Last week, I was planning on writing a blog post about freezing food in canning jars, but the nice folks at Root Simple got there first. I may do it at some point in the future, but for now, I point you all in their direction.
Thanks to all of you who took the time to enter the canning stamp giveaway last week. I loved reading about all the people in your lives who appreciate the work you do preserving food! The winner is Trina (she blogs at Frugal Dr. Mom), who regularly sends her home-canned food to her father (what a nice thing to do!).
If you didn’t win and this stamp speaks to you, make sure to click over to the A Sensible Habit shop and check out the many options that Brandy has for sale!