No matter what the calendar says, summer has arrived (at least in Philadelphia). Cherries are here and I spotted the very first apricots at the farmers market on Saturday. I bought my first watermelon on Thursday and I’ve been scooping up garlic scapes everywhere I see them. This time of year makes me so darn happy. Now, links!
- Pickled spring onions!
- Love these butter-dipped breakfast radishes.
- This method for cooking small potatoes is brilliant.
- I am so looking forward to seeing a copy of this new canning book (featured on Simple Bites).
- Cherry smoothies!
- Red wine infused with cherry leaves and other good stuff.
- Going strawberry picking? Read these tips!
- These simple biscuits speak to me (and Jess Fechtor’s book Stir is next up on my to-read pile).
- Kaela posted the link to this post earlier today and though it’s a couple years old, it’s still a good read and reminder.
- Good tips for extending the life of your vegetables.
- This isn’t directly about food, but is such a good reminder to pause and breathe in order to cultivate peace.
It was so fun to hear about all your favorite pickles this week! The winner of the Mrs. Wages Perfect Pickle Sampler is #222/Peggy P. Hope you have fun with all those pickle spices and mixes, Peggy!
Congratulations Peggy P. on the win.
I just have a question about the test recipes you’re sending out for your new book. Are you going to have a blog post saying you’ve sent them out, so people can make sure to check their spam folders if they don’t see them in their inbox?
Have you seen sour cherries available in Philly? I’m on the hunt.
Oh the radishes remind me of Dad’s buttered radish sammies!