I went to the farmers market this morning, intending to pick up eggs, peaches, and some salad greens. I came home with everything on my list, plus four ears of corn, a giant musk melon and a flat of red and white currants from Three Springs Fruit Farm. This happens to me often in July. There is just so much produce. I am powerless to resist it.
It’s been a few weeks since I did a link round-up, so the list is a bit longer than normal. There’s good stuff here, though. Take the time to wade through!
- Cherry almond preserves.
- Chocolate cherry jam.
- Cherry bbq sauce.
- Pickled strawberry sundae sauce.
- Plum strawberry jam.
- Elderflower cordial.
- Vin de noix.
- Quick rhubarb chutney.
- On storing crock fermented pickles.
- Quick pickles. Cucumber pickles.
- Using calcium chloride for crunchier pickles.
- How to dehydrate garlic in the oven.
- Salted spruce tips.
- Bang bang sauce.
- Mini chocolate cherry cheesecakes in jars. Braised cherry cheesecakes in jars.
- Cream cheese jam muffins.
- No-bake fig newtons.
- A jamtastic e-book.
- A canning e-course for absolute beginners (use the discount code ILOVEFOODINJARS for 10% off the course fee).
- I’m a little bit obsessed with this Epicurious video series called No Recipe Required. I feel like both jam and pickles would make fabulous topics!
- Homemade waxed fabric food wrappers.
It’s been a while since the Bee’s Wrap giveaway closed, but I’ve yet to post the winners (oops). However, without further ado, our winners are #109/Katie B., #271/Karley, and #302/Jessica D. Another giveaway will be live soon, so stay tuned!