Oh friends. Canning season is on so hard right now. I have 25 pounds of apricots spread out on baking sheets on my living room floor, and I have four pounds of super ripe peaches on my kitchen counter. There are dilly beans fermenting on the dining room table, and I put a finished half gallon of kosher dills into the fridge. I both love and am totally overwhelmed by this time of year. Now, links!
- Sunshine cherry jam with orange.
- Ploughman’s pickle.
- Jostaberry jam.
- Pickled cherry peppers.
- Fruity, boozy infusions.
- Wild black raspberry jam.
- Pickled strawberry preserves.
- Jam-filled hand pies. So good!
- How to go on vacation and keep your cultures alive.
- Skillet strawberry jam. One of my favorite quick jam techniques.
- Could lacto-fermented pickles make you less anxious.
- Maintaining your kitchen ecosystem (the article includes a recipe from Preserving by the Pint).
- All about maceration!
- The latest news on steam canners.
I missed announcing winners in the Ball Blue Book giveaway from last week, so I’m going to double up and include those here as well as the winners in the Chalk Tops giveaway.