On Saturday, some of my author copies arrived. I went from having a single copy of the new book in the apartment to having a stack of 15. My email is exploding with logistics and my to-do list has run over to a second page in my notebook. I’m dealing with the stress of it all by continuing to knit simple scarves and walking to the dog park to watch the pups run wrestle and run after toys.
The quiet before the storm is always the hardest part for me. Once the book is out there and everything starts rolling, I’ll be good. It’s just this period of anticipation that’s making me ever so slightly crazy. Now, links!
- The Kitchn ran a pair of posts about June Taylor (she’s the high priestess of sweet preserves) that I found interesting. One focused on five essentials for preserving, and the other was touched on her thoughts about the popularity of preserving.
- If you’re trying to use up your 2013 preserves, consider a canned pear cake!
- A gloriously sunny citrus round-up.
- Put dinged jars to good use by making a couple of these get-well kits.
- Homemade peanut chips! Genius!
- Got citrus peels going into the trash? Dehydrate them and put them in your tea.
- Apple ginger orange marmalade.
- Everyone has their own version of a jam-filled cookie bar. This very nutty one looks perfect to me.
- As I start to think forward to a bunch of travel, I ponder the perfect road snack. These chocolate chip cookie energy bars are going on the top of the list.
- Bright red lime pickle.
- Pretty pictures of a table lined with jars with votive candles. Makes me long for summer like a pain.
- Finally, Saveur has opened nominations for their Best Food Blog Awards. If you feel so moved, how about nominating this site in the Best Original Recipes category?
So many thanks to everyone who entered the Tulid giveaway last week. The winners are:
The giveaway is going on vacation for the next couple weeks, but will be back on March 24. Stay tuned!
Thanks for the shout-out about the get well jars! Happy knitting-while-you-wait!
You are so welcome! And thank you!
hi Marisa! Thanks for including a link to the jam and nut bars I made. The funny thing is that I originally found that recipe through one of your link round-up posts! I made some changes to the version I posted, but funny how this recipe came full circle 🙂
Oh! I love the cyclical nature of recipes and blogging!
Congratulations to all the winners.
Heading to check out the links you posted. The Get Well jars look pretty cool and what a great idea.
Enjoy your day
I love your link pages (and not just because I’m in this one- thanks!!). There’s always such good stuff. I loved the June Taylor posts!
I am so excited for your new book. That stack looks so good! Here’s to getting past that quiet before the storm; I’m with you, that’s always the hardest part for me.
HOLY CRAP I WON!?
I can’t believe I won! I don’t see an email from you… what do you need me to do?