This past weekend was a relatively quiet one. I taught a jam making class on Saturday morning at the Morris Arboretum’s Bloomfield Farm. After the class was over and I was outside, loading up my car, I took a moment to stand and listen to the wind blowing through the trees. I love so much about my high rise life, but whenever I hear it, I’m reminded how much I miss the sound of that leaves and branches being moved by the breeze.
- Plum vanilla jam made with raw sugar.
- Chocolate pear butter.
- Slow cooker apple butter (always a good way to go!).
- Apple bourbon chipotle bbq sauce.
- Homemade pecan butter.
- Vegetable broth, with guajillo chile instead of peppercorns, for color and depth.
- Concord grape focaccia.
- A autumnal salad featuring butternut squash, both on the salad and in the dressing.
Time for the winners in The Homemade Kitchen giveaway. The winner of the big prize pack is #361/Jen. The winners of the two books are #98/Dan and #130/Kim.
Congratulations to the lucky winners
I’ve been a country girl all of my life except during college and a brief three months of “city” life. I live in the country outside my little burg. We’ve grown to have FOUR stoplights now!
On of these days I am going to be the lucky winner of one of your giveaways!