This past weekend was a relatively quiet one. I taught a jam making class on Saturday morning at the Morris Arboretum’s Bloomfield Farm. After the class was over and I was outside, loading up my car, I took a moment to stand and listen to the wind blowing through the trees. I love so much about my high rise life, but whenever I hear it, I’m reminded how much I miss the sound of that leaves and branches being moved by the breeze.
- Plum vanilla jam made with raw sugar.
- Chocolate pear butter.
- Slow cooker apple butter (always a good way to go!).
- Apple bourbon chipotle bbq sauce.
- Homemade pecan butter.
- Vegetable broth, with guajillo chile instead of peppercorns, for color and depth.
- Concord grape focaccia.
- A autumnal salad featuring butternut squash, both on the salad and in the dressing.