After nearly two weeks of congestion and exhaustion, the cold fog has finally started to lift. I made some excellent potato soup for dinner late last week, but beyond that, nothing of particular value has come out of my kitchen. I’m trying to clear out an email backlog and finish unpacking from my trip. I have a two pound bag of cranberries in my fridge at the moment, so expect something appropriately seasonal later this week. Now, links.
- Apple butter with blackstrap molasses and balsamic vinegar.
- Got a glut of applesauce? Here are six ways to use it up.
- Pear-infused vodka (Autumn’s pro-tip is to use a nut milk bag instead of a coffee filter to strain out the fruit).
- Honey bourbon mustard. Make it for your mustard-loving friends!
- Pickled fennel with lemon and ginger.
- These whole wheat peanut butter sandies light up the cookie-craving section of my brain.
- Perfect flat bread for eating with soup.
- Ideas for using up what you put up (I was interviewed for this article).
- Squash and honey pie, baked in a barbecue! (And have you seen their new company, Old Blue Raw Honey? It is glorious stuff.)
- This Kickstarter campaign is trying to produce handles designed to fit onto all jars. Thoughts?
- Looking for ways to transform an old jam jar? Here’s a collection of clever ideas!
A couple weeks back, I hosted a giveaway sponsored by Cuppow. I had five sets of Cuppow lids, BNTO adaptors, CoffeeSocks, and Mason Taps to share with you guys. The winners are:
Thanks to everyone who took the time share how they could envision using the Mason Tap in their kitchens. All those creative solutions just prove that it’s a winner of a product!