I made dinner five nights out of seven last week. I cannot even begin to imagine how long it has been since I managed to do that and it felt ridiculously wonderful. Being on the road with the book over the last six months has been a joy, but it’s so good to be home a little bit more. I do so love having a solid, well-established routine! Now, links.
- Pickled Mexican sweet gherkins! I love those little cucumbers!
- Be ready for banh mi at all times with these pickled carrots and daikon.
- Red cabbage kimchi!
- Who knew you could pickle corn on the cob?
- All fermentation is not lacto-fermentation. A good piece breaking down the various forms of fermentation!
- Wild concord grapes! Spiced grape butter.
- Ginger pear butter in small batches.
- Oven roasted onions. I predict these will become a staple for me this winter.
- A friend introduced me to cannellini beans when I was in college. They’ve fallen out of my rotation, but this post makes me think it’s time to return to them.
- Homemade bouillon cubes. On my list.
- Steel cut oats in jars for a week’s worth of breakfasts. So smart.
- Good ways to use up jam and tea cakes.
The winner of last week’s Cypress Grove giveaway is #69/Kat. She said, “My husband makes a wonderful red pepper jelly, which we eat with Jarlsburg all the time!” Sounds like a delicious combination!