I’ve been home for nearly a week, but my apartment is still a mess (I didn’t finish cleaning out my car until Friday and everything I packed for the tour is all over my living room). Happily, I’m finally start to feel like my brain is back in the game and I’ve got lots of good blog posts in the hopper for the coming week. Now, links!
- Feeling a little sluggish after a long winter? Follow Julia’s example and make a vinegar tonic from some of the first spring greens.
- Onions (or shallots!) do make glorious pickles.
- A pretty illustrated recipe for rhubarb cordial with vanilla.
- Speaking of rhubarb, you could also try this strawberry rhubarb baked compote or marry the seasons with a batch of rhubarb applesauce.
- Salted cranberry grapefruit jam (foundational recipe is here).
- Bourbon maple espresso bacon jam. Oh my.
- Cathy Barrow (her new book is now just a handful of months away!) is writing a bi-monthly preserving column for the Washington Post. She’s kicking things off with artichokes.
- Have any of you tried these Intelligent Lids? I’m intrigued.
Now for a few links to people who have been writing about the new book. Many of the giveaways have already closed, my apologies for that!
- Lyn from Preserving Now wrote a great recap of my events in Atlanta a couple weeks back!
- Kaela at Local Kitchen made my caramelized shallot jam and paired it with triple creme goat’s milk brie. Yum!
- Camille from Wayward Spark zeroed in on the rhubarb recipes, cooked up at batch of the mustardy rhubarb chutney, and is now dreaming about it on a burger.
- Over at The Kitchn, Emma shared a few pictures of the book’s interior and gives a nice summary of the heart of the book.
- The book is also featured over at Simple Bites, along with a quick interview with me.
- Cathy at Mrs. Wheelbarrow’s Kitchen shared the sorrel pesto and matches it up with some cured salmon. She’s giving a copy away and you can still enter!
Thanks for sharing the cordial recipe, Marisa!
The roasted rhubarb compote is superb! The lemon really gives it a new (for me) twist!