I landed in Portland on Thursday night and have spent the last few days hanging out with my parents and doing a handful of book events (here’s the segment I did on the local morning show, if you want to watch!). This week, I’m continuing my mad dash up and down the west coast. Eugene tomorrow, Seattle Wednesday and Thursday, and San Francisco Friday through Sunday. Now, links!
- It’s been a busy week over at Well Preserved. First, they announced their Big Outdoor Kitchen Party this fall, and then, they shared the news that they’re writing a book. Congratulations, Joel and Dana!
- Tame your herb garden with Janet’s dill pesto.
- How to make sprouted grains.
- Black fig and pear jam with honey and vanilla. Sounds perfectly lovely.
- Low sugar apricot jam.
- Cherry preserves, for soaking in red wine or spooning over yogurt.
- Strawberries. Freezer jam. In jam with roasted rhubarb. Pickled. Or sweetened with honey.
Last week’s giveaway of goodies from The Pint and a Half was lots of fun and the winner is #124/Melissa. She said that her favorite way to cool down this summer is, “Iced jasmine tea, with a slice of lemon or lime!” Sounds like a lovely sip to me!