I landed in Portland on Thursday night and have spent the last few days hanging out with my parents and doing a handful of book events (here’s the segment I did on the local morning show, if you want to watch!). This week, I’m continuing my mad dash up and down the west coast. Eugene tomorrow, Seattle Wednesday and Thursday, and San Francisco Friday through Sunday. Now, links!
- It’s been a busy week over at Well Preserved. First, they announced their Big Outdoor Kitchen Party this fall, and then, they shared the news that they’re writing a book. Congratulations, Joel and Dana!
- Tame your herb garden with Janet’s dill pesto.
- How to make sprouted grains.
- Black fig and pear jam with honey and vanilla. Sounds perfectly lovely.
- Low sugar apricot jam.
- Cherry preserves, for soaking in red wine or spooning over yogurt.
- Strawberries. Freezer jam. In jam with roasted rhubarb. Pickled. Or sweetened with honey.
Last week’s giveaway of goodies from The Pint and a Half was lots of fun and the winner is #124/Melissa. She said that her favorite way to cool down this summer is, “Iced jasmine tea, with a slice of lemon or lime!” Sounds like a lovely sip to me!
Wishing you all the best on your continued book tour.
Congratulations to Melissa on the win
Have fun on the Left Coast! The cherry preserves are in the can (so to speak) for the year — already did the cherry picking last weekend. But I’m all over the low sugar apricot. 🙂
Welcome back to the left coast, Marisa! Hope you have a great trip. And thanks so much for linking to the apricot jam. 🙂
The Morning Show clip was great, thank you for sharing it. Best wishes on the rest of your tour!