Things are slowly getting back to normal for me. I’m caught up on laundry. My inbox is starting to look a little less insane. And I’m actually finding the time to post some links and winners on a Sunday evening.
- Grapefruit jam. One of my favorite winter into spring preserves and a perfect thing for those days when you can’t wait to get back to the canning pot.
- Meyer lemon caramel. I think I linked to Janet’s version back in January when she posted it, but a reminder is always nice.
- Pineapple preserves with vanilla and rum. Sounds awfully good!
- Speaking of vanilla, a more local preserve of rhubarb, ginger, and vanilla!
- Kate at the Hip Girl’s Guide to Homemaking has herself a little strawberry festival. I’m counting down the days until we see them ourselves.
- I love Luisa’s post about having friends over for a German breakfast. Sounds like an ideal way to put your preserves to work!
- Pineapple mango ketchup. Tropical. Tangy. Delicious.
- The spring issue of By Hand magazine is now available! I wrote about rhubarb this time around, so make sure to order your copy.
- The Tend Collective is back posting and I couldn’t be more pleased. It’s a lovely group blog about growing, cooking, and preserving and it’s one I think you all might like.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to enter the Beautiful Earth Produce Bag giveaway! I used one of my yesterday to store some asparagus, and it was perfectly fresh and crisp this morning when I used those spears in a tart. I predict that these bags will significantly change how I store my produce!
Our winner is commenter #411, Jackie Mullen. Thanks Jackie, I’ll be in touch soon!
For those of you who didn’t win and you’re still interested in these bags, I know that the nice folks at Beautiful Earth would love to have your business!