Is it just me, or is December speeding by at a breakneck pace? I’m embarrassed that I’ve not managed to post even a single recipe designed for holiday giving in this space this season. Some of my favorite holiday cookies are up at Table Matters, I based a batch of jam on the flavors of a pomander ball for Simple Bites, and I made some tasty truffles for the FN Dish, but I’ve been struggling to shift into the holiday frame of mind without an assignment to do so. However, I predict a flood of tasty treats for later this week, as I’m headed to Portland on Wednesday and being around my family always shakes loose my inspiration. Now, links.
- Gorgeous, vividly pink sauerkraut with caraway seeds.
- Speaking of caraway, these rosemary and toasted caraway shortbread sticks look so. good.
- Sesame-almond brittle. Love it.
- Use up some jam in these almond-covered thumbprints.
- Little jars of infused syrup and honey. I love this idea!
- Linzer torte. This one should be in the repertory of all preservers with a jam habit.
- Linda Ziedrich, high priestess of home canning, has made a batch of haw jelly. They are much like rosehips, but instead grow on hawthorn trees.
- Finnish jam tarts. Pretty pinwheels of cream cheese dough and jam.
- Sparkling wine jelly, that shimmers with edible glitter.
Thank you to New West Knifeworks for sponsoring last week’s giveaway, as well as to all of you who took the time to enter. It was such a pleasure to read the many things you like about winter. Our winner is Nicole, #484. She said, “I love the frost in the air when I first walk out of the house i the morning. Even though I shiver bitterly once the North Wind kicks in, I secretly enjoy the first bit of chill.”
Stay tuned, I’ll have another good giveaway up tomorrow afternoon.
Those jars look gorgeous in the sunlight. Safe travels for the holidays!
Oh, those infused syrups and honeys sound fabulous – thank you for sharing those!!!
The link seems to be missing for the finnish jam tarts and I MUST KNOW what those are. Jam AND cream cheese?? swoon…..
Oops, thanks for pointing that out! Link inserted!
How convenient! I just have to bookmark this link for all those amazing recipes you linked to. I love every single one!
This holiday season has gone so darn fast that I have whiplash. Have fun in PDX!
Please list the spatula you liked so much all silicon, I believe, no area for bacterial growth.
This one is my very favorite.
Just found your site! Love the recipes. Thanks for sharing!