It’s been a week now, and I’m still not used to the time change and the early, early darkness. I do love the coziness of dusk at 4 pm, but it sure does put a crimp in my ability to take pictures in the natural light. I’m reacquainting myself with my flash and photography light, but it’s just not the same. How are you all handling the yearly shift back?
- Spiced pear vanilla jam, sweetened with fruit juice concentrate.
- Homemade cranberry sauce.
- Peach applesauce.
- How to dehydrate persimmons.
- Almond butter blondies.
- Stove top granola.
- Homemade applesauce.
- Applesauce cake.
- Sweet potato cake.
- Sweet apple galette.
- Twice-cooked broccoli.
- Non-food gifts in jars.
- And, from my friends at the Fair Food Farmstand, it’s still not too late to order a local turkey for Thanksgiving if you’re in the Philadelphia area.
- Speaking of Thanksgiving, have you listened to the latest episode of Local Mouthful? Joy and I spend the whole half hour talking turkey day.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to enter the Wusthof 7-Piece Traveler’s Set! The winner is #313/Jessica HZ.
The All-Clad giveaway is still live, so if you didn’t win this one, make sure to toss your hat in the ring for that!
“How are you all handling the yearly shift back?”
I try to get up an hour earlier. Yeah, right.
It takes me a few weeks to adjust to time change. The worst thing about it is that I am just dragging all day long and feel like I could sleep 24/7 (spring and fall). Once I get over the drag, it’s ok. I am already looking forward to next summer and the extended hours of sunlight that summer brings.
Oh my gosh! That’s me! Thank you!!!
The time change has been kicking me in the behind. It didn’t help that I traveled that week. I’m slowing getting back to normal.