Oh friends, I’m a day late with these links and this winner. The reason is this. We had an unexpectedly intense snow storm yesterday that delivered the bulk of its mess while I was 47 miles away from home teaching a class. More than half the students had to cancel and my drive home was a harrowing, multi-hour affair. When I finally got made it back, I was vibrating from the tension and ready to collapse. We ordered pizza for dinner and I didn’t leave the couch for the rest of the evening. Happily, all is well today. Now, links!
- Though Thanksgiving is over, cranberries are still in season. Make this cranberry brown sugar mostarda and serve it with cheese for New Year’s Eve!
- In need of another edible gift? How about this dulce de leche sauce?
- Don’t you just love this texas-shaped baking pan?
- This is such a genius idea. Warm jam dolloped over crumbled, creamy goat cheese. I’ve long served jam and goat cheese at parties, but this ups the ante in such a nice way.
- Peanut butter and jam bars! If bars aren’t your thing, how about PB&J thumbprint cookies?
- Have you ever seen something as gorgeous as these red pickled Brussels sprouts?
- These cookies. I can’t stop thinking about them. I love that they are twice-tossed in powdered sugar.
The winner of the cleaver is #717, Tanya! She said, “I’m looking forward to the homemade beeswax candles that I made in quilted jars. They look just like these. Instead of taping the wicks in place, I used skewers and taped the wick to them. Much quicker and easier than the technique shown in this link. I got the wax from a local honey company. The finished candles smell heavenly and I was able to make a ton of candles as gifts really affordably!”
Sounds gorgeous, Tanya! And congratulations.