The days have gotten cool and cloudy here in Philadelphia. The sun is setting earlier and I’m feeling an overwhelming desire to bake quick breads and pear tarts. I’d say that those are all good signs that fall has well and truly arrived. It might even be time to start opening up the strawberry jam! Now, links!
- Before the frost comes and makes them all slimy, puree up some carrot top pesto.
- Roasted sage and onion jam. Imagine it with cheese!
- This is a very old blog post, but one worthy of a little love. Maple sweetened black pepper ketchup.
- Speaking of maple sweetened things, try on this cranberry sauce for size.
- Ground cherry and fig jam. You just might be able to get the very last of the season fruit for this one.
- If your fridge is overrun with jam, throw yourself a toast party! I’ve done something similar in the past, only with whole wheat biscuits.
- The tomatoes are nearly at their end!
- Long cooked plum paste.
- We’re about a month into the school year. Need something new for lunch boxes? Might I suggest these figgy granola bars?
- I am all about reducing food waste and I love these suggestions for using fermentation as a way to extend lifespan.
- Crabapple jelly.
- Last of the tomatoes not ripening? Pickle ’em!
Time for the winners in last week’s reCAP giveaway. I loved reading all the ways that you guys are using mason jars these days! Such creativity! The winners are…