On Saturday, I realized with a start that I’ve been focusing on the work of the holiday season instead of the joy. So, to remedy that, Scott and I spent an hour time wandering Philly’s Christmas village (even in the constant drizzle, it was nice) and in the evening, we attended a holiday party that friends have been throwing for nearly a decade now. Last night, I took advantage of Scott’s absence (he’s off helping his mom get ready to move) and wrapped some gifts to tuck under our (undecorated) tree. Now, links!
- A really awesome tutorial on how to make small batches of hard cider at home.
- I bet these pumpkin butter pocket cookies would work with whatever fruit butter you had on hand!
- A useful trick for freezing buttermilk.
- Want to give your holiday season a distinctly Scandinavian twist? Stetted has you covered with aquavit and gravlax.
- In answer to the question, what do I do with the preserved lemons that I made?
- Get your hands on some frozen sour cherries and then make this jam. It combines them with cranberries!
- Swimming in jam? Make thumbprint cookies for your holiday cookie plate!
- Jam tart!
- Cranberry mustard!
- Saltine toffee (it’s also good when made with graham crackers) may well be one of my favorite treats ever.
- In need of a signature holiday cocktail? Might I suggest the persimmon smash?
- Finally, a reminder. As you’re out there doing your holiday shopping, consider picking up a couple extra items for Toys for Tots.
For those of you who were wondering who won that bundle of books I was giving away a couple weeks ago, it was#380/Tina. I posted the winner at the bottom of the post because I didn’t manage to do a link round-up last weekend.