About a week ago, our under sink water filter sprang a leak, causing a great deal of mess and upheaval. We’re all cleaned up now, with a new filter that’s better than the old one, but it took a goodly amount of mopping, sorting, trashing, and general disruption to get back to normal. The whole experience feels like it’s an allegory for life. There’s turmoil, mess, and recovery, but in the end, you wind up in a situation that’s better than before.
- Blood orange curd (I’ve not yet made any curd this season and I really must remedy that).
- Autumn’s white grapefruit marmalade with bay leaf. Sounds good, doesn’t it!
- Ginger pear butter, sweetened with honey. It’s a riff on a recipe from my upcoming book and it sure sounds like a good one.
- Yogurt makers, take note of Cheryl’s master recipe. Goodness abounds!
- One woman’s food preservation evolution.
- Some tips from food bloggers for beginning cooks (including a few from me!).
- Our friends at Fillmore Container currently have two giveaways running. One is a gift pack in celebration of Beyond Canning and the other is in honor of the new Ball Collection Elite jars! Get your entries in for both!
The two winners in my Mason Jar Accessories giveaway are #332/Maria C. and #452/Beth. Congratulations to the winners! The giveaway is taking a short break this week, but will be back next week. And thanks to everyone who shared dinner ideas and suggestions. It was most inspiring to read about the things you’ve been cooking lately!