I stayed up too late canning last night (vanilla peach butter, peach-plum-cherry jam, and apricot everything) and then got up early this morning to fly to Chicago. Just call me the canning jetsetter! I have a slew of events this week and then I’m back to the east coast on Friday afternoon. Now, links!
- Check out this fabulous fig syrup on Serious Eats from Autumn.
- Pretty pictures of tomato canning and a canning recipe round-up.
- I’d heard a couple months back that Ball no longer requires softening the sealing compound in lids, but I still do it. What do you think?
- An inspired apple fig chutney, based on my apple pear version.
- Sriracha pickled eggs. Love that bright red brine!
- Loved this interview with Karen Solomon over at Eat Boutique.
- Honey sweetened blackberry butter!
- Savory parmesan rosemary biscotti. I bet these would be amazing served with jam and cheese.
- I have a blackberry sage jam in my first book that I love and I bet this version with blueberries is no less delightful!
Because I didn’t get a link post up last Sunday, I also didn’t manage to announce the winner of the Mrs. Wages giveaway last week either. But here it is now. The winner is #12/Earle Grossman, who said:
My favorite pickle is a half-sour pickle that I have eaten and made since I was five years old. Started buying them out of a pickle barrel and then learned how to make them from my grandmother. 60 years and I am still looking forward to making them this summer.
I will update this space later tonight with the Orchard Road giveaway winners. Stay tuned!
The winners of the Orchard Road giveaway are: